ABOUT OUR CANDLES

 

Sawyer candles are poured by hand, triple scented and composed of 98% soy wax and 2% natural soy additives. Our candles are non-toxic clean burning.

Soybeans used for soy wax are a renewable source, unlike paraffin, which consists of petroleum. Since they are vegetables, soy candles are naturally biodegradable.  Being an Indiana gal myself, I can appreciate that using soybean products helps create important economic growth for the agricultural sector of the US economy. Soy candles are simply better for you and your environment.

My fragrance recipes have evolved with my own candle tastes over the years. Some scents may resemble certain high-quality candles on the market, but Sawyer recipes are completely original. 

Please contact me with any additional questions you have regarding your luxury Sawyer candle! Feedback is always welcome.

Adrian Royce and Annie Orrill, Owners.


DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: Because all of my candles are specially poured by hand, there might be some variation in the look or texture of your candle. If you are disappointed in the appearance of a Sawyer candle in any way, please contact me for a new one.


BURNING INSTRUCTIONS

Please never leave a burning Sawyer candle unattended. They should only be burned on heat-resistant surfaces. Keep all candles out of reach of children, pets, drapes, blankets, etc. As your candle burns, try to make sure you wick stays centered in your candle to prevent jar cracking. Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4 – 1/8 inch before each burn to prevent smoking and carbon mushrooming.

When you light your Sawyer candle for the first time, please burn it for 2 hours for each 5 cm of diameter, to allow the formation of a large melt pool, which will release more scent. This initial burning period also will help to better hold the candle’s shape, and prevent tunneling around the wick.  If you burn your candle too frequently, for short periods of time,  it will burn down the center, wasting the wax that sticks to the sides of the jar.

Do not allow the flame to touch the sides of the glass jar. The jar may become too hot and could burst.

It is important to regularly monitor the burning of your candle. Extinguish flame and let cool after approximately 3 hours of burning.

-NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED-